Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Final Days of the Polygamy Reference

Yesterday in court we heard from the final two FLDS witnesses about their life as plural wives.  They were the last to give evidence about life in the polygamous community of Bountiful.

Today the Chief Justice was to hear arguments before deciding whether two late-arriving affidavits on educational matters were to be admitted into evidence.  Any potential argument was to be held on Friday 28th January, bringing the reference to a close.

Beginning on 7th February, arguments will be heard by Judge Bauman on the CBC's request for permission to live-stream the closing arguments in this case.  Those final arguments are due to begin on 28th March, and could take up to two weeks to complete.

In view of approaching weekend weather in Vancouver, I chose today, Thursday, to make my return journey to the Okanagan Valley, which has been my home for 40 years.

As and when further news becomes available about the reference, I will let you know.  Until then, I lay down my Netbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment